Whether trade or private you can buy with confidence from SVA. We ensure clean title is passed on all vehicles via the use of HPI Credit Data Check. Furthermore, every effort is made to ensure our vehicle descriptions and vehicle origins are accurate and clear.
A deposit of £400.00 or 10% of the sale price (whichever is greater) is required immediately on the fall of the hammer, payable at the rostrum, by cash or debit card along with your full name and address (ID is required). The balance has to be paid in full by 4.00pm the following day unless otherwise agreed with the auctioneers. The balance may be paid by cash, debit card or bank transfer made payable to Shoreham Vehicle Auctions. We do not accept credit cards.
We welcome all trade buyers, big or small, to visit us in person or bid online. Our trade buyer’s fees are, we believe, the most competitive in the industry. They are available to any bonafide motor trader who has completed a trade account application form and provided us with a motor trade insurance policy certificate. If you are interested in becoming a trade buyer, please download an application form here.
For more information please call 01903 851200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Auctions can be intimidating to the uninitiated. Here, we provide some simple rules to ensure you have an enjoyable and profitable experience:
- Understand the terms and conditions of the auction
- Decide what type of vehicle suits your needs and, more importantly, in what price range
- Check prices out before you visit
- If you do bid, set yourself a limit and know when to stop
- Arrive at least 1 hour before the sale to get organised/familiar with the setting
- Inspect each vehicle of interest either online or in person
- When it is time for the vehicle to be driven to the saleroom make sure you are there when it is started up, then follow the car to the saleroom. Use this time to take a good look inside and take note of the following:
- Condition of driver’s seat
- Did the car start easily?
- Check the exhaust for any nasty black smoke
- Did 1st gear engage easily?
- Listen to the engine as it warms up
- Look on the ground under the car as it drives off for signs of oil leaking
- Open the boot and bonnet and inspect the inside while the vehicle is waiting in line
- Listen to the auctioneer’s description
- If this is the vehicle for you, place yourself clearly in view of the auctioneer and wait for him to open the bidding, listen carefully and if you feel the price is right raise your hand to bid (once you have caught the auctioneer’s attention they will come back to you each time should someone else bid against you)
- If you hold the winning bid go straight to the rostrum with your deposit of £400.00 or 10% of the sale price (whichever is greater) payable by cash or debit card and give the clerk your name, address and telephone number (proof of identity is required).
- Go to the pay office and pay the balance which has to be paid in full by 4.00pm the following day unless otherwise agreed with the auctioneers. The balance may be paid by cash, debit card or bank transfer made payable to Shoreham Vehicle Auctions. Please note there is a buyer’s fee of 9% of the sale price with a minimum of £125.00 and maximum £600.00 plus VAT which includes an indemnity should you suffer a loss as a result of the vehicle being stolen or on hire purchase. There is also a £12.50 plus VAT V5 administration fee.
- Before you finally take the car on the road make one last inspection of such things as oil and water, brakes, steering and suspension, remember it is your responsibility to ensure it is roadworthy before you take it on the highway.